Work based learning

Work based learning

If you want to work but need to learn more about a job you may be able to do a training programme called a Traineeship.

This programme will give you the chance to

  • Get some work experience
  • Get some qualifications
  • Carry on with your maths and English

You will have a plan that will state what you will be doing, what support you need and how long your training will last. 

Pound sign
You would be paid an allowance which will be called a Training Maintenance Allowance. 

Job centre
You need to be referred to work based learning by your careers adviser or by an adviser from Job Centre Plus.

If you are over 18 there may be other training courses open to you. You would need to visit your nearest Job Centre Plus office to find out about these