Taking a break from work or education. Taking a Gap Year.
Are you thinking about taking some time out from work?
Maybe you are considering taking a gap year before college or university?
Why take a break?
A break from either work or education can be a great way to:
- Gain valuable work experience and develop new skills
- Travel to broaden your experiences and maybe learn a new language. Find out where learning a language could take you in our Careers in Languages and Culture.
- Give you time to study or return to learning
- Work for yourself and maybe try out a business idea
- Give you a breathing space to help decide what you would like to do next
There are lots of important factors to consider and taking time to weigh up the pro’s and con’s will help you to decide whether it is right for you. Start by reading our articles on Taking a Gap Year, Taking a break from work and Taking a break from education.
Plan! Plan! Plan!
Whatever your reasons for wanting to take a break, it is so important that you plan carefully, so that it works well for you and gives you the experience or skills you need to take you onto your next step.
There are so many exciting opportunities. You could be coaching young football teams in America, volunteering for an aid charity abroad or in the UK, teaching English as a foreign language or completing that qualification you need to improve your job opportunities.
Whatever your ideas, we are here to help. To chat to an adviser contact us now!
Explore the opportunities that might suit you.
Start your research here:
Taking a Gap Year
Returning to learning
Working for yourself