What is the Employability Skills Programme?
The Employability Skills Programme has been created to help unemployed adults get into employment and stay there.
If you’re unemployed you can access a range of support and training, including quality work experience with local companies, expert help and advice on preparing for work, and training to develop your essential skills.
The programme is also open to offenders in the community.
What’s in it for me?
Everyone is different. That’s why the programme has been designed to fit around your needs and cover the things that matter to you most. By getting involved you could:
- Create an eye-catching CV
- Learn practical new skills
- Get a qualification
- Gain quality work experience
- Boost your confidence
- Increase your earning potential
- Enhance your job search
- Improve your interview technique
- Get a full-time job
Am I eligible to take part?
To be eligible to participate in the programme, your Jobcentre Plus (JCP) Work Coach must confirm that you meet certain requirements, including:
- You are aged 18 or over
- You are living in Wales
- You are unemployed and registered with Jobcentre Plus
- You have not achieved a full level 2 qualification or equivalent*
- You have had little or no work experience in the last 3 months*
* Even if you miss certain requirements, you can still access the programme if your JCP Work Coach feels that you may benefit.
How do I find out more?
Talk to your JCP Work Coach or contact us at Careers Wales for further information and advice.
The Employability Skills Programme is a Welsh Government initiative.
Are you an introvert? Take a look at this helpful guide on how you can impress in interview https://t.co/32VX4iVhQS https://t.co/lu6bG5lf1J
Learn how to impress employers with your CV, applications and at interviews and get that job… https://t.co/L4BBV4HMmV