Looking for vacancies? Need to find a job?
The more ways you try to find a job the better chance you have of succeeding. It is a tough time to get a job.
This section contains some information and tips that might help
- It takes time. Job seeking takes time and effort on a daily basis. Plan to do some job search work every day. Do it at the same time of day so that you get into a job seeking routine.
- Stay focussed. Half the battle of job seeking is to stay focused. Stay positive and look after yourself. Take a (short) break if things are getting you down.
- Stick at it. You will get rejected. It is hard to stay positive when you are struggling to find work. But - remember it is how you react to these situations that will make a difference.
- Network. See our notes on networking to make the most of your personal contacts.
- Be adaptable. Be open to new ideas and jobs.
Get job search and employment skills by using the Skills to Succeed Academy. Register by contacting us on 0800 028 4844 or visiting one of our Careers Centres