Education Business Exchange
What is the Education Business Exchange?
Our latest innovation in employer engagement, the Education Business Exchange, is a Careers Wales facilitated database, giving employers the opportunity to work with schools to develop exciting curriculum enhancing programmes for pupils
How does the Education Business Exchange work?
1. Employers agree to be added to the exchange, indicating:
What activities you are interested in providing
Distances you will be prepared to travel
Length of time you are willing to provide
School preference (if applicable)
2. Schools search the database and select businesses based on their preferences
3. Careers Wales Business Engagement teams facilitate communication between schools and business to start the process
What activities could I offer?
We are looking for employers and individuals who are ready and willing to work with schools.
Sessions you could offer:
1. Guest speaker
2. Short term or long term work experience
4. Taster sessions
5. Visits to your premises
6. Specific group sessions (interview hints and tips, mock interviews etc)
Equally employers can contribute by helping young people understand the relevance of subject in schools in the workplace and encourage them to reach their potential.
Why should I get involved?
By getting involved you will:
- Develop new recruitment channels. Building links with local schools can help to attract young people into jobs and reduce recruitment costs(CBI)
- Enhance your company's image and reputation at a local or regional level. Developing links with schools raises awareness of the company and helps to develop a positive image not just with young people but also with their parents and teachers.(CBI)
- Contribute towards your company's corporate social responsibility policy. Taking part makes a positive contribution to the development of young people and schools and can build stronger bonds with the local community and raise the profile of your company (CBI)
- Motivate and develop employees. Taking part in school presentations or supporting a young person to understand world of work, develops the skills of your own teams (CBI)
Linking Business to Education
RT @SWFRS_Careers: We’re at @Llanwern_High in Newport today, talking to all school years about routes into employment and showcasing the fa…
RT @CareersWales: SAVE THE DATE 👷 'Apprenticeships Work' Careers Event 🏟️ Cardiff City Stadium 📆 8th March 2019 https://t.co/b6zIDKu1KE
SAVE THE DATE. 'Apprenticeships Work' Careers Event- Cardiff City Stadium, 8th March 2019