Jobs Growth Wales
If you’ve been considering a new business opportunity, an expansion plan or diversification, then Jobs Growth Wales provides fresh energy for your ideas.
Take on an unemployed young person and the Welsh Government will help meet 50% of the cost for the first 6 months at the National Minimum Wage for their age.
If you are an employer and would like further information, or would like to register your interest in the programme then contact Skills Gateway helpline 03000 6 03000 or complete the expression of interest form by clicking on the link
The business benefits
- You’ll receive a 50% contribution towards the wages of the young person that you take on, paid by Welsh Government, for six months
- Your vacancy will be advertised to work ready, energetic, enthusiastic and committed young people
- You’ll get free recruitment support
- You’ll be providing a young person with a valuable opportunity to kick start their career.
What support will you get?
This must be a real job and not a six month work placement. Recognising that recruiting new staff demands time and commitment. You will be supported by a dedicated managing agent, allowing you to focus on getting the best out of your new employee from day one.
To help with the recruitment process, the Welsh Government has contracted managing agents around Wales to work with you. They will provide free advice and support to source candidates that are right for your business.
To make the recruitment process even easier, all vacancies are on the Jobs Growth Wales section of Careerswales.com. Work ready young people will then be able to apply online.
In return for a 50% contribution to the wages of your new employee, and helping to find the most suitable applicants, The Welsh Government requires a few guarantees from you.
- The young person must be employed for between 25 and 40 hours a week and will be contracted for a minimum of six months
- All jobs created must be additional to your existing workforce needs. You cannot fill a position that has already been advertised, or create a job to cover sickness or maternity leave
- All jobs created should be sustainable and you should be committed to retaining your employee beyond the six month period. Don’t forget, if they’ve impressed you enough to earn a full-time job, imagine what they can achieve for your business with further training and skills support e.g. an apprenticeship.
Is your business eligible?
Eligibility criteria will apply but you must have traded for at least six months in the private or third sector and be based in Wales. Jobs Growth Wales, led by the Welsh Government is supported by the European Social Fund.
Complete the expression of interest form to determine your eligibility for the programme.
Who should I contact?
Call the Skills Gateway Hotline: 03000 6 03000 for further advice or support on how to get involved or complete the expression of interest form by clicking on the link