Choose Your Future: Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Schools Careers Festival
Parents/guardians are invited to attend from 3pm - 6.00pm.
Careers Wales are pleased to invite you to an interactive skills and careers event in June. Our event focuses on informing young people and their parents/guardians about the variety of careers, job, apprenticeship and training opportunities there are across a broad range of sectors. Located at the National Waterfront Museum and The LC in Swansea.
Organised by Careers Wales and sponsored by Gower College Swansea, NPTC Group, Alun Griffiths, TATA Steel, NPT 14-19 Network and Swansea Bay Construction Group, the event is aimed at Year 10 school pupils and Further Education college students from Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot who will be visiting with their school between 9am – 3pm.
Parents/guardians of Yrs. 10 and above are invited to attend from 3pm - 6.00pm.
You will have the opportunity to speak to some of Wales’ biggest employers, educational institutions and training providers.
At the event pupils can:
- Meet people who work in different sectors;
- Interact with different employers and training organisations;
- Take part in interactive workshops and 'Have a Go' sessions;
- Get information from Colleges and Universities about courses;
- Chat to Careers Wales Advisers, take part in The Buzz Quiz and view our 360 videos on different career sectors.
Who will be at the event?
Some of the employers confirmed already:
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- ABMU Health Board
- ACT Training
- Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd
- Army Careers Swansea
- ARUP Group
- Babcock International
- Barry Training Services Ltd
- Bouygues UK
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- CITB: Construction Industry Training Board
- ERS Insurance Group
- Further Maths (Swansea University)
- GE Aviation Wales
- Harper Adams University
- Inspire Training
- Kier Group
- NTfW: National Training Federation Wales
- Premier Inn
- Rathbone Training
- Right at Home
- Royal Navy
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
- STEM Cymru / Engineering Education Scheme Wales (EESW)
- Swansea Council - HR Department
- TATA Steel
- The Mullany Fund
- University of South Wales
- Wales Air Ambulance
……..and many more to be announced
For more information please contact: marketing @careerswales.com
Live Vacancy Event, Sue Noake Leisure Centre, Ystrad Mynach 10am – 2.30pm.
Aged 16 to 24 and wondering what to do with your future? Then come along to our LIVE VACANCY EVENT. With around 50 companies from across the region attending the day long event, you’ll have the chance to meet employers face to face to find out about Training, Apprenticeships, Higher Apprenticeships and jobs.
Choose Your Future - Swansea, National Waterfront Museum and The LC, Swansea 9.00-6.00. Parents/Guardians are invited to attend from 3pm - 6pm. An interactive skills and careers event. Aimed at Year 10 school pupils and Further Education college students from Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot and their parents. You will have the opportunity to speak to some of Wales’ biggest employers, educational institutions and training providers.
Swansea Jobs Fair , Dragon Hotel, Swansea, 10-2.
It’s free for the public to attend with no pre event registration required. 25+ local employers looking to recruit for local jobs on the day from various industries including Education, Customer Service, Finance, Sales, Catering, Nursing, plus more…..
RT @iwanthomas1: Diolch @tinint for guiding us through the first live web broadcast to audiences across #Wales and beyond to support @Caree…
RT @ApprenticeWales: Bookings are now open for @SkillsCymru 2018 on 10th & 11th October in Cardiff and 17th (evening only) & 18th October i…
RT @SkillsNWales: Our #RSP Regional Programme Manager, Iwan Thomas, and Senior Researcher, Ffion Jones, will both be live with @CareersWale…