Choose Your Future: Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Schools Careers Festival
Parents/guardians are invited to attend from 3pm - 6.00pm.
Careers Wales are pleased to invite you to an interactive skills and careers event in June. Our event focuses on informing young people and their parents/guardians about the variety of careers, job, apprenticeship and training opportunities there are across a broad range of sectors. Located at the National Waterfront Museum and The LC in Swansea.
Organised by Careers Wales and sponsored by Gower College Swansea, NPTC Group, Alun Griffiths, TATA Steel, NPT 14-19 Network and Swansea Bay Construction Group, the event is aimed at Year 10 school pupils and Further Education college students from Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot who will be visiting with their school between 9am – 3pm.
Parents/guardians of Yrs. 10 and above are invited to attend from 3pm - 6.00pm.
You will have the opportunity to speak to some of Wales’ biggest employers, educational institutions and training providers.
At the event pupils can:
- Meet people who work in different sectors;
- Interact with different employers and training organisations;
- Take part in interactive workshops and 'Have a Go' sessions;
- Get information from Colleges and Universities about courses;
- Chat to Careers Wales Advisers, take part in The Buzz Quiz and view our 360 videos on different career sectors.
Who will be at the event?
Some of the employers confirmed already:
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- ABMU Health Board
- ACT Training
- Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd
- Army Careers Swansea
- ARUP Group
- Babcock International
- Barry Training Services Ltd
- Bouygues UK
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- CITB: Construction Industry Training Board
- ERS Insurance Group
- Further Maths (Swansea University)
- GE Aviation Wales
- Harper Adams University
- Inspire Training
- Kier Group
- NTfW: National Training Federation Wales
- Premier Inn
- Rathbone Training
- Right at Home
- Royal Navy
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
- STEM Cymru / Engineering Education Scheme Wales (EESW)
- Swansea Council - HR Department
- TATA Steel
- The Mullany Fund
- University of South Wales
- Wales Air Ambulance
……..and many more to be announced
For more information please contact: marketing @careerswales.com
Choose your Future -Aprenticeships, Risca Leisure Centre.
Time: 10 - 1.00
Aimed at: 17-18 and interested in an Apprenticeship
Careers Wales are pleased to invite you to Choose your Future Apprenticeships, the first interactive apprenticeship, careers and skills event in Islwyn Borough, organised in partnership with Chris Evans, MP for Islwyn.
Creative Pathways Event, Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, North Rd, Cardiff, CF10 3ER.
Time: 10 - 2.30
Aimed at: 14-18 year old Secondary School pupils and Further Education College students.
Careers Wales are pleased to invite you to the Choose Your Future Creative Pathways event, an interactive careers event focusing on the Creative Sector. Located in the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, one of Cardiff’s most iconic cultural and creative hubs.
What Next? Choose your Future Merthyr, Merthyr Tydfil Leisure Centre, CF48 1UT.
Time: 9.30 - 1.00
Aimed at: Pupils with additional learning needs.
Local employers, colleges and training providers will be on hand for pupils to have a go at activities that will help improve confidence, develop new skills and increase their understanding of the world of work.
7 things I wish I’d done differently in College or Sixth Form ➡️ https://t.co/rrVfWWLSX9 https://t.co/0MBvzMLoxY
Thanks for having us #Risca! Let’s do it again next year! #Apprenticeships #chooseyourfuture https://t.co/zLOWJ1hyX4
RT @ChrisEvansMP: We had so many fantastic employers at our apprenticeship fair today. Apprenticeships come in all shapes and sizes. I woul…