Feedback and Complaints
Careers Wales prides itself on maintaining excellent customer care and ensuring you are provided with quality careers information, advice and guidance services that meet your needs.
Letting us know what we are doing well or not well, helps us improve our services.
We welcome your feedback
We aim to:
- Provide a high standard of service to our customers at all times
- Listen to the views of our customers to help us improve our services
- Acknowledge all feedback and take action when required following our complaints procedure
Our Customer Care Standards
To ensure you are provided with quality careers information, advice and guidance services we will:
- Respond to you quickly, clearly and politely no matter how you contact us
- Provide you with a bilingual service (Welsh or English)
- Ensure our services are impartial, fair, accessible and meet your needs without discrimination
- Respect your rights to confidentiality, privacy and safety
- Ensure our staff are well trained and easily identifiable
- Provide you with a named contact, phone number and email address
- Give information in different formats when required, for example Braille or large print
- Offer to call you back free of charge if you call our Freephone number on your mobile phone
- Ask for your feedback to help us develop and improve our service
- Tell you how to make a complaint if you are not satisfied with our services
How will we deal with your concerns?
- We will make every effort to deal with your verbal complaint the first time you contact us
- You will receive acknowledgement of your written complaint within 5 working days
- If a complaint needs to be investigated further, it will be referred to a named Manager who may contact you for further information
- We will continue to keep you informed to let you know how your complaint is being resolved and the timescales involved
- We aim to resolve complaints within 20 working days. If we are unable to do this, we will contact you to tell you what will happen next, and by when
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, the issue will be referred to an appropriate Senior Manager who will review the investigation and send you a written response to confirm how the case will be closed
- If we do not succeed in resolving your complaint, you may complain to the Ombudsman. They are independant of Careers Wales and can look into your complaint. You may take a complaint to the Ombudsman if you believe that you personally, or the person on whose behalf you are complaining has been disadvantaged personally by a service failure or have been treated unfairly.
How can I get in touch with Careers Wales?
Compliments, comments and complaints can be made to any member of staff in the organisation. You can tell us what you think in a variety of ways:
- Verbally - in person at one of our centres or over the phone
- By using our customer feedback form
- By writing to us - letter or email
- By leaving feedback on the 'feedback' tab found on the website
- Via our social media e.g. Facebook or Twitter
- Via our live chat facility on the website
- Through a friend, relative or other person
All complaints are formally recorded as soon as they are made.
Phone: 0800 028 4844 Mobile: 029 2090 6800