Employer Support for Schools
Employer support for schools can be a valuable way of enhancing your schools’ Careers Education programme and enriching the curriculum
in different subject areas.
What does it involve?
Employers are keen to support schools with a range of activities including
- Guest speakers for specific subject areas (in person or via webinar)
- Visits to emplyer premises
- Careers Fairs and Speed Networking days
- Specific workshops (interview hints and tips, mock interviews etc)
- Short term or long term work experience
Speak to your local Business Engagement Adviser for other ideas.
What are the benefits of engaging with employers?
Engaging with an employer can
- Bring areas of the curriculum to life
- Help young people make the link between their lessons and the world of work
- Motivate young people to aspire to future careers
- Raise awareness of the range of career opportunities available and how to access
- Introduce young people to inspiring role models
How can I get involved?
The Education Business Exchange (EBE) is a database of employers from all over Wales who are keen to work with schools via a range of different activities.
Schools can search the EBE to find and request support from suitable employers. Selected employers will then be contacted by a Careers Wales Business Engagement Adviser who will facilitate communication and arrangements.
Contact your local Careers and World of Work Coordinator to find out more about using the Education Business Exchange.
Take a look at some of the ways employers are working with schools across Wales.
More than 3,000 Swansea pupils have been learning about potential future career options at an event hosted at the Waterfront Museum and Swansea’s LC2 leisure centre.
A group of Cardiff pupils hear all about the jobs, skills and industries of the future at an event hosted by Careers Wales at Cardiff Metropolitan University’s FabLab
A local housing association has been able to provide interview workshops to Pen Y Cwm Special School using the new Careers Wales Education Business Exchange (EBE) platform.
Linking Business to Education
The education sector in Wales is currently going through huge reform and now is an exciting time to join the profes… https://t.co/5wC7Yn0A7O
RT @WorkingWales: There are all sorts of obstacles that might get in the way of you finding work. Lack of confidence, no previous experienc…