What is Jobs Growth Wales?
- Jobs Growth Wales is a six months opportunity in a paid job
- It pays at least the National Minimum Wage
- You will have a contract written by your employer
- You will get the chance to gain the work experience you may be lacking
- If you have a disability or face other barriers you can get additional help and mentoring while you are in the job
- Jobs Growth Wales is funded by the Welsh Government with the support of the European Social Fund
Am I eligible to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy?
To be eligible to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy you must:
- Be aged between 16 and 24 years
- Live in Wales
- Not already be in full time employment (full time employment is 16 hours per week and over)
- Not completed the full 6 months of a previous Jobs Growth Wales vacancy
- Not have been referred to/or are taking part in the Work Programme or Work Choice Programme (Check with your Jobcentre Plus adviser if you are registered with them)
- Not be in full time education (fulltime education is 16 hours and over)
- Not be on a Welsh Government work-based learning programme
Please do not apply if you cannot meet all the eligibility requirements.
How do I prove that I am eligible for Jobs Growth Wales?
You must be able to provide the following documents:
- If you are aged 18 to 24, you will need a referral letter from Job Centre Plus. (You will need to be registered as unemployed with the Job Centre)
- If you aged 16 or 17 you will need a letter from Careers Wales
- Your National Insurance (NI) number e.g. National Insurance card or letter from the HMRC or DWP
- Evidence of legal right to live and work in the UK. This could be your full passport. (See more details on the Jobs Growth Wales evidence you need)
- Proof that you are aged between 16 and 24 years. This could be your Birth Certificate, Full Driving Licence or Passport (See more details on the Jobs Growth Wales evidence you need)
- Evidence of your address to prove you live in Wales. This could be a recent bank statement or letter from the council, or solicitor with your address on it, Full Driving Licence, or rent card statement (See more details on the Jobs Growth Wales evidence you need)
How do I apply for a vacancy?
There are lots of different jobs you could do through Jobs Growth Wales. New jobs and employers are advertising every day so keep looking.
- Go to our search page and choose ‘Jobs Growth Wales’ vacancies to search for vacancies that interest you
- Make sure you are registered on our site
- You must confirm you are eligible to apply for job opportunities before you apply
- Log in and complete the vacancy application. (See our Guide to Completing your Vacancy Application for help)
- Submit your application. (Proof read it first and make sure you are happy with it)
- The employer will send you emails letting you know what is going to happen next
- Keep track of your applications in My Vacancies
What help will I get to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy?
Contact us at Careers Wales if you would like help to:
- Find out about the skills and abilities you have, and how they can help you get the job you want
- Apply for Jobs Growth Wales positions
- Find out more about the eligibility requirements and evidence you need to provide
Have a look at our online Guide to Completing your Vacancy Application.
Or, phone us on 0800 028 4844.
If you are having problems with the online application form you can call our technical support line on 0845 434 8334.