What is Jobs Growth Wales?
The job market at the moment is really tough. This programme is to help you if you are job-ready and just need a chance to gain the work experience you may be lacking. The vital work experience that might be holding you back from getting your first job.
Who can apply?
People who can say the following:
- I am 16-24 and not in employment
- I have not been referred to/or are taking part in the Work Programme or Work Choice Programme (Check with your Jobcentre Plus adviser)
- I am not in full time education/or am due to finish a training programme
- I live in Wales
So, if you have just graduated or are just about to finish your course or training programme and have job ready skills this could be the next stepping stone for you.
Will I get support?Jobs Growth Wales is all about giving equal opportunities to all young people in Wales with the talent and the skills to do well at work. So if you have a disability or face certain barriers, there’s additional help for you.
We all deserve a chance to do well in life. Jobs Growth Wales will be supporting community-based job opportunities. These are being developed to help you if you need that bit of extra support in the workplace and if you are entering into the workplace for the first time.
If you need that little bit more confidence, training and support, this may be the option for you. Careers Wales will help all young people who need additional support to help you find out about the skills and abilities you have, and how they can help you get the job you want.
What could I do on Jobs Growth Wales?Lots of different jobs, have a look at the range of vacancies. New jobs and employers are advertising every day so keep looking.
If you are thinking of starting up a new business, you could also receive help with a bursary. You just need to produce a good business plan and prove you can be your own boss.
What will I get paid?This is up to your employer but you will of course receive no less than the national minimum wage the national minimum wage.
How do I find a vacancy?Go to our search page and choose ‘Jobs Growth Wales’ vacancies.
How do I apply for a vacancy?
Search for vacancies that interest you and follow the link to the online application process.
- You need to be registered on the site to use this.
- Log in and complete all the sections in my profile.
- Once you are happy you will be able to submit your application.
- The employer will send you emails letting you know what is going to happen next.
- You can keep track of your applications in my vacancies.
What if I want to start a business?Ring Careers Wales on 0800 100 900. We will be pleased to support you.
Who should I call if I want some support with my online application?