Looking for vacancies? Need to find a job?
The more ways you try to find a job the better chance you have of succeeding. It is a tough time to get a job.
This section contains some information and tips that might help
- It takes time. Job seeking takes time and effort on a daily basis. Plan to do some job search work every day. Do it at the same time of day so that you get into a job seeking routine.
- Stay focussed. Half the battle of job seeking is to stay focused. Stay positive and look after yourself. Take a (short) break if things are getting you down.
- Stick at it. You will get rejected. It is hard to stay positive when you are struggling to find work. But - remember it is how you react to these situations that will make a difference.
- Network. See our notes on networking to make the most of your personal contacts.
- Be adaptable. Be open to new ideas and jobs.