Training and study at work
Developing your employees and improving their skills can improve your chances of business success and business growth. Research suggests that employers who invest in their workforce’s training and skills development, report advanced productivity and business performance.
Your employees may have the right to request time off work for training or study.
In summary, to request time off for training and study:
- Staff must be classed as an employee
- They must have worked for their employer for at least 26 weeks
- Training must help staff do their job better
- At least 250 people must work in the organisation
Staff cannot request time off to train or study if they are:
- An agency worker
- In the armed forces
- Of compulsory school age
- A young person who has already got the right to take time off for study or training
- 16 to 18 year olds already expected to take part in education or training