Which subject? Which career?
Fact: The subject or course you choose can affect your career options.
So, it is important to know what subject, course, qualification level and grades you need for jobs and careers.
- Some careers you can only enter with a specialist subject or qualification. Examples include Nursing and Dentistry
- Other careers and entry to higher level courses require specific subjects and specific grades
- An increasing number of jobs, apprenticeships and courses now ask for you to have Maths, English (and sometimes Science) at C Grade or above
Find the courses or subjects that lead to your future career:
- Subjects and Jobs table - select a subject and look at the list of jobs that link to this subject. You will still need to check the entry requirements for jobs
- Job Information Leaflets - look at the qualifications you need to get for specific jobs
- Courses In Wales and Common Area Prospectus (CAP) - Search for courses and entry requirements
- UCAS - check the entry requirements for degree courses you might be interested in
- Job Websites - search for the jobs you are interested in and look at the entry requirements
All these things will help you to make the right choices about courses, subjects and qualifications for your future career. Remember that you also need to get the right grades as well as the right course.
If you are unsure what you want to do in the future, take our Job Matching Quiz. This links your interests and skills to jobs and will give you ideas for careers.