Funding for study at dance or drama college

What financial help can I get to help me with the costs of studying at a specialist dance and drama school?

Funding for study at dance or drama colegeThis guidance cannot cover all individual circumstances. You should get more details from relevant organisations.

  • Dance and Drama Awards are available from some of England's leading private dance and drama schools. They'll help you pay for a place on a prestigious and well-respected course.
  • Awards are for students over the age of 16 who want to work in the performing arts. For acting or stage management courses you must be aged 18 or over. There is no upper age limit.
  • Whether you qualify for an award depends on your age, nationality or residency status, and on the course you do.
  • You must study a course at one of 19 accredited training providers, leading to a Trinity College London Diploma qualification.
  • Courses last between one and three years.

You apply for a Dance and Drama Award through your chosen provider. If successful, the Award pays the majority of your tuition fees, but you'll be expected to make a contribution. You could also get help with living and childcare costs through a non-repayable grant.

Funding and Support Guide 2018-2019

Funding and Support Guide 2019

Share this page

Select an icon:

Croeso i Gyrfa Cymru

Dewiswch iaith


Welcome to Careers Wales

Please select your language