Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is for a Wales where individuals are inspired to take control of their careers.
Our mission is to ensure clients achieve their potential.
Our Values and Behaviours
Our staff are the key to our success. Our values are:
- Impartial and professional;
- Creative and innovative;
- Focussed on continuous improvement;
- Committed to equality and diversity; and
Gyrfa Cymru Careers Wales will work in partnership with a range of organisations in order to contribute to the following outcomes for people in Wales, which support our mission of inspiring individuals for a skilled economy:
- Awareness: People in Wales will be aware of, and will understand, the learning, training and employment opportunities available to them and be able to make informed decisions about their careers;
- Aspiration: With particular focus on those under 25 years of age – people in Wales will be ambitious and motivated to participate in employment, education and training;
- Ability: People in Wales will become effective in the use of career management skills and competencies and in the management of their careers throughout their lives; and
- Action: People in Wales will be equipped with the confidence, skills and ability to make successful applications for, and sustain engagement with, employment, learning and training opportunities.
We will develop a set of indicators to monitor progress against these outcomes, which cannot be achieved by one organisation alone. The specific actions that Gyrfa Cymru Careers Wales will make to contribute to these outcomes in 2014-15, for which we alone are accountable, are set out in our Business Plan below. In summary, these actions can be grouped into five broad priority areas:
- Delivery of high-quality and effective services centred on the need of clients;
- Staff development and training;
- Evaluation, review and dissemination of good practice;
- Developing our systems and management information capability; and
- Measuring impact and managing performance.