Careers Wales are pleased to announce we have received accreditation at level 3 of the Green Dragon Environmental standard.
Careers Wales have monitored its environmental impact since 2013 through the use of an environmental management system which has allowed us to implement strategies to drive improvement throughout the estate. CCDG currently operate from 37 offices – we continue to review our estates resulting in the closure of two offices in March 2017. Sustainability is a criteria evaluated in all our supplier contracts.
|Greenhouse gases (C02 tonnes)||1,231||1,268||1,059|
Our objectives for 2017/2018 are as follows:
- reduce our carbon footprint by reviewing all premises with a view to implementing strategies which will improve their environmental impact
- review business strategy to minimise staff travel.
- assess the viability of increasing the biodiversity of all external areas that we have effective control over
- improves waste management processes by helping us achieve higher levels of business waste recycling
- set aside a proportion of our annual maintenance budget to ensure that we can achieve these objectives
With a view to reducing water usage by 5% and a reduction in our co2 emission of 3%
Read our Environmental Policy